CESAR and the Unifor Chair in Social Justice & Democracy have started a book club and we are inviting participants interested in engaging in discussion around books. We have heard a lot of feedback from our membership articulating the need for a book club. We are hopeful that this will help some members of our community build new connections and reduce anxiety in the midst of the COVID-19 emergency.
Books allow us to escape, to learn, to deepen our understanding, and to re-imagine what this world could be.
The book club is a safe space for people to share their book recommendations relating to social justice, health & wellness, and love & relationships.
Attendees are asked to bring their favourite books of any genre (fiction, non-fiction, biography, poetry etc.) to recommend to others.
- From the fields to the future: 7 Secrets to living longer from a super-centenarian by Joyce Robinson
- Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds by Adrienne Maree Brown
- The Big Activity Book for Anxious People by Jordan Reid & Erin Williams
- The Accusation by Bandi
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Path Made Clear Discovering Your Life’s Direction and Purpose by Oprah Winfrey
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- The Hobbit by JR Tolkien
- How Do You Hug a Porcupine by Laurie Isop
Register to Attend
The book club will meet once a week every Wednesday from 6:00pm – 7:30pm. Anyone interested in participating can click the following link:
Any questions about the CESAR book club can be directed to Carol Sutherland, Vice President Services and Finance.