Part-time undergraduate degree students beginning classes for the first time this academic year (in the Fall term) will be charged $257.47 for the TMAPS Health & Dental Plan. The charge is reflected on your tuition and ancillary fee statement for health and dental benefits provided by TMAPS. Those charged may be eligible to opt-out of the TMAPS Health & Dental Plan coverage.
For students starting studies in September (12-month coverage period), you will have the opportunity to opt-out of the TMAPS Health & Dental Plan:
- From September 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022; *there are no exceptions to this deadline.
For students starting studies in January (8-month coverage period), you will have the opportunity to opt-out of the TMAPS Health & Dental Plan:
- From January 8, 2023 to February 10, 2023; *there are no exceptions to this deadline.
REMINDER: In order to be eligible to opt-out, you must provide proof of your alternate coverage information, or your opt–out will be incomplete and you will not receive a refund.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they submit their opt-out before the deadline posted on the website.
- Opt-out refunds from TMAPS are distributed in the form of e-transfers directly to you, and NOT to your RAMSS account. We encourage students, where possible, to pay the fees on their account before opting-out to avoid incurring any interest charges from TMU as they await their refund.
- Opt-out refunds are issued once per academic year; therefore, you only have the one opportunity at the beginning of your studies, each year
|September 1st, 2022||Benefit year begins|
|October 7th, 2022 at 5pm||Opt-Out deadline (12-month coverage); there are no exceptions to this deadline|
|October 7th, 2022 at 5pm||Deadline to enroll your spouse/common law partner and/or dependent children onto the plan|
|November 1st, 2022||Temporary inactive period ends (12-month coverage)|
|January 1st, 2023||8-month coverage benefit period begins|
|February 10th, 2023 at 5pm||Opt-Out deadline (8-month coverage); there is no exception to this deadline|
|February 10th, 2023 at 5pm||Deadline to enroll your spouse/common law partner and/or dependent children onto the plan|
|March 1st, 2023||Temporary inactive period ends (8-month coverage)|
|May 1st, 2023||Deadline for in-person refund cheque pickup|
|August 31st, 2023||Benefit year closes|