Volunteer with the TMAPS Tax Clinic 2024
Why Volunteer with Us?
- Increase your tax knowledge.
- Volunteers receive free training by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Volunteers will receive a certificate from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Tax Clinic hours count toward the TMAPS volunteer program hours & rewards
Requirements for Volunteers
- Complete this form by February 26th, 2024 with your contact information including your name, e-mail and phone number so you can be registered as a Tax Clinic volunteer with TMAPS.
- Register with Canada Revenue Agency and obtain an E-file number.
You must register as a volunteer with Canada Revenue Agency’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program here.
E-File Registration: This is a volunteer requirement which takes 30 days to process, and is done online.
Here is the information you need to enter when registering for E-file:
- Organization Name: TMAPS
- Organization’s Address: 55 Gould Street, Toronto, ON, M5B 1E9
- Return Type: T1
- Transmitting from T1013: No
If you already have an E-file number with Canada Revenue Agency you must renew this number for the coming tax season. E-File Renewal.
- Complete an online training session provided by Canada Revenue Agency.
- A live online training session for Toronto Metropolitan University will be scheduled; once the date is finalized, volunteers will receive the details via email from the TMAPS Service Coordinator.
- If you are unable to attend the aforementioned session, please email email@example.com to inquire about making other arrangements.
Additional Volunteer Information
Volunteers who have met all the requirements, and their E-file has been approved by the CRA, will be contacted by TMAPS to coordinate scheduling and placement.
Volunteer Commitment Guidelines
The Canada Revenue Agency Certificates are awarded based on both contribution and commitment. Below are some of the following guidelines for volunteers to be aware of, while being part of the TMAPS Tax Clinic.
- If you miss more than one of the appointments to which you have been have allotted, you will no longer be eligible to participate in the clinic with us for a CRA Certificate.
- If you are not able to attend a time which you are scheduled to attend, 24 hours’ notice is needed, so that it will not be considered a missed appointment.
- If you are over 30 minutes late for your scheduled time, this will be considered a missed appointment.
- If you have given a certain available time to us that you think you may not be able to make, please let us know and we will work out some alternatives together!
If you are unsure of the times you have committed to, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.